Be Not Afraid

Everyone has a past.. weird, I know. Personally, I am afraid of my own past. It freaks me out and I tend to avoid it at all costs. I have come a long way from where I have been and was thinking today about how crazy that is. Then I realized that so many people around me have no idea just how crazy it is. I have left my past behind me, hardly recognizing it myself. This realization has not sat well with me and I had been thinking about it throughout the day and it came up during Mass. After I received Jesus in the Eucharist, I returned to my pew. As I knelt there, I began to sing along. I started to tear up as I sang, "Be not afraid; I go before you always. Come, follow me, and I will give you rest." Duh! How had I been so silly, thinking I had endured struggles on my own? God, I really do appreciate You. Thank You for being with me on this journey and making it possible for me to come so far. Please stay with me as I continue on; I'll try my best to let You do the leading. ...And so with all of today's thoughts, I needed to put them into an arrangement of words:

Be Not Afraid
Today, I realized something. I realized that I have come so far. I realized that I do not even remember where I came from. I realized that I have been running. I realized that I have been running very fast for a very long time. I realized I had not looked back as I ran. I realized that I am now lost. I realized I do not know where to go from here. I realized that I am afraid. I realized that I am sick and tired of running. I realized that I need to stop somehow. I realized that Jesus has been chasing after me. I realized that He had been marking the trail as we ran. I realized He knows everywhere I have been. I realized that He knows where it is I need to go. I realized that He wants to take me there. I realized that I can stop running now. I realized that I can now walk with Jesus. I realized that I can trust Him to know where we are going. I realized that I need to BE NOT AFRAID.

Comments

Popular Posts