God's Saving Grace: Be a Witness

Today in Adoration, I was directed to this passage:
“I have raised you up for the very purpose of showing my power in you, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth.” –Romans 9:17

These were my resulting thoughts I wrote down (again, conveniently using a pencil lying in the pew and a blank sheet of paper in my Bible):
The Lord chose to raise me up from the tragedy of the crash. It was not my strong will and determination that brought me through, but His Saving Grace. Why did He perform this deed of bountiful mercy? He loves me, yes, but He loves all of us. He raised me in order that I may be a witness of His Love and Power. Not a witness for my own sake, but a witness for all of you, so that you may also experience in the works of His Love. He has saved me, but not only in that particular miracle of my survival. He continuously guides and protects me, mercifully forgives me of my sins, and unconditionally loves me. You have been saved as well; recognize that. How has He worked in your life? Your story is His story; share it. Go out, proclaiming His Name in all the earth. That is our duty and our salvation. Be a witness of His endless Love. Not merely for yourselves, but for others.

Comments

Popular Posts